Department Nanobiophotonik, Leibniz Institute of Photonic Technology, 07745 Jena, Germany
Microfludic Synthesis of plasmonic Nanoparticles for Sensing Applications
Plasmonic nanoparticles are currently used in research as optical labels, in drug targeting and as core for sensor devices (transducers)1, 2. To achieve this, their properties such as material, size and shape must be precisely adjusted. In order to precisely adjust the optical properties, such as localized surface plasmon resonance (LSPR) range, the synthesis must be optimal. Due to the many parameters that influence the colloidal synthesis of plasmonic nanoparticles, exact production is often insufficient3. In the presented talk strategies for an optimized synthesis by the application of microfluidic mixer structures are presented4-6. This optimal synthesis allows the use of the particles in LSPR-based sensor technology. Here the shift of the resonance band due to changes in the environment for example by specific binding on receptor) forms the optical signal. This sensor technology can, for example, be used in the form of plasmonic microarrays for multiplex bioassays to detect different pathogens in one platform7, 8.
- A. Csáki, O. Stranik and W. Fritzsche, Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics 18 (3), 279-296 (2018).
- A. Csáki, M. Thiele, J. Jatschka, A. Dathe, D. Zopf, O. Stranik and W. Fritzsche, Eng. Life Sci. 15 (3), 266-275 (2015).
- F. Wang, V. N. Richards, S. P. Shields and W. E. Buhro, Chemistry of Materials 26 (1), 5-21 (2013).
- M. Thiele, A. Knauer, A. Csáki, D. Mallsch, T. Henkel, J. M. Köhler and W. Fritzsche, Chemical Engineering & Technology 38 (7), 1131-1137 (2015).
- M. Thiele, A. Knauer, D. Malsch, A. Csaki, T. Henkel, J. M. Kohler and W. Fritzsche, Lab on a Chip 17 (8), 1487-1495 (2017).
- M. Thiele, J. Z. E. Soh, A. Knauer, D. Malsch, O. Stranik, R. Müller, A. Csáki, T. Henkel, J. M. Köhler and W. Fritzsche, Chemical Engineering Journal 288, 432-440 (2016).
- A. Pittner, S. Wendt, D. Zopf, A. Dathe, N. Grosse, A. Csáki, W. Fritzsche and O. Stranik, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry 411 (8), 1537-1547 (2019).
- D. Zopf, A. Pittner, A. Dathe, N. Grosse, A. Csáki, K. Arstila, J. J. Toppari, W. Schott, D. Dontsov, G. Uhlrich, W. Fritzsche and O. Stranik, ACS Sensors 4 (2), 335-343 (2019).